Built in 1852, Wilmot United Church is the last of the great wooden churches which dominated the skyline of 19th century Fredericton. Originally built by the Fredericton Methodist Society, Wilmot joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 when Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational churches united. A uniquely crafted 7 foot upward-pointed hand carved in pine adorned the spire of the church until 1974 and now can be seen in the sanctuary.
*The church is named after Lemuel Allan Wilmot, the first native-born New Brunswicker to be named the Lieutenant Governor of NB.
Free guided tours Mon-Fri 9am-12pm and 1pm-4:30pm.